Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16, 2020

Small Groups/Counseling: I was in the midst of getting behavior RTI groups, grade-level small group times, and schedules up and going, but with all teachers coming back in person, it will all change. Until we hem down the master schedule again,  you can't pick times. Be thinking about small groups and who you may want to refer.   Each grade level is going to have a small group time this year. The focus for the first round of groups will be appropriate school behavior. Individual Counseling: Please fill out a counseling referral form on the blog if you have a student you want to refer to for individual counseling (mine is under forms). Katelin also has a form on the blog. You are welcome to refer students to her yourself, but I don't mind being the go-between. If you want to refer a student to her, you must contact the parent's first and get permission, and complete her referral form. 

Morning Duty: I made a change to the morning duty schedule. Two of the people will now be in a different position (instead of taking temps). One will be standing at the intermediate hall, and one will be at the primary hall to help direct kids and keep things moving. The bus drivers and aides are doing all of the temp taking for our bus riders. YAY!  When we see a final total of how many students are coming back in person, we may be able to drop some people off the list entirely. But the car rider line is going smoother than ever, so I'd like to keep a few people out there. Check out the updated rotation here: Morning Duty Rotations

Safety Drills: We will continue our safety drills next week (the drills are listed on the living calendar). We will continue practicing in "waves" to allow for social distancing. I added our virtual teachers who will be in person 2nd 9 weeks to the list. I also realized I left Lisa Combs and Amy Griffin off the chart, sorry!    The Kentucky Center for School Safety published a Lockdown Workbook with tips, lessons, and ideas on how to introduce and practice lockdowns without making our students anxious. It's a really great resource you may want to checkout. The link is here.

Safety Drill waves:

Wave 1                                                Wave 2 

Powell                                                  Burton

Brumfield                                             Coleman

Hay                                                      Carter

Akers                                                   Jennifer Thompson

Fain                                                     Jennings

Peniston                                              Hensley/Gentry 

Combs                                                 Rogers 

Griffin Courtney

Jeremy Thompson

Barker


Let's do this!

-Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

 November 30th Announcements Schedule:    Common Assessments The teacher leaders will meet after school the week of Dec. 13th for a paid sc...