Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Midweek Message

Recap of Daily Paperwork Responsibilities (2 items)


1.  Health and Safety Checklists -
Complete one of these each day and turn into Lisa M's office each day:

Kindergarten

First Grade

Second Grade - Coleman

Second Grade - Hay

Third Grade

Fourth and Fifth Grade

(I will put copies in your mailbox to get you started). 

2. Seating Charts - Fill out a seating chart each day and keep it in your binder

Student of the Month - The board will be recognizing one student from each school every month.  I need a nomination by Friday, October 2nd.  Text or email me the name and why this student deserves the honor.  

From Lisa:

Morning duty-

If you are on the car rider line, preschoolers will need help getting into the building. Preschool will not be able to wait in the hallway anymore, so Mrs. Kathy will wait at the Panther. When a preschooler comes in, She will walk him/her to their classroom where Taylor will be waiting. Mrs. Kathy will come back to the panther to get the next student. If you are the one that helps the preschooler out of the car, you will need to leave your post and walk the student to Mrs. Kathy. Then head back to your spot. Right now there are only four preschoolers in person, so it shouldn't be a big deal. There are not enough thermometers for everyone to have their own (sorry Margaret, I thought there was), so I will put them in a basket and set them beside the backdoor (for car riders), and inside the desk outside the office (bus riders).  Just grab one and use it when you get to your "post", we will sanitize them afterward. 

Seating Charts-

Don't forget to get those into me ASAP so I can make copies for you. I'm going to make two weeks' worth of copies. Keep an original so you can make more copies when you need to change your seating arrangement and you run out of copies (If you change your seating arrangement, please give me a copy of the updated one, Just in case you are absent one day and the health department needs it.)  Don't forget... You have a folder for your grade level inside my office (when you enter from the main office) on my table. Please put your checklists in there. If you hand them to me or lay them on the table, there's a chance they could get lost. A lot of people use my office, and I have groups in there. If I'm shuffling papers to make room for a group, it could get stuck in with other papers. 

Wednesday and Thursday of the first week, I am coming into your classrooms for a COVID lesson and meet the counselor session. Please sign up here

Lanyards-Don't forget to put names of kids that need a lanyard here. I will make their name tag and get it to you. Please have that filled in by Friday afternoon before you leave. 

Student Profile Sheets-Our sped teachers are completing student profile sheets for their kiddos. This includes any information that will be helpful to you and specials/RTI teachers. It includes a step by step plan to follow if the student becomes agitated/triggered and a list of things that could potentially trigger them. However, we have students who are maybe not placed in special education yet that still need a profile sheet. In this case, please complete one (it is found here) if you have a student that has extra needs, and give it to all specials teachers, so they are aware and we can remain consistent in our approach to behavior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 November 30th Announcements Schedule:    Common Assessments The teacher leaders will meet after school the week of Dec. 13th for a paid sc...