Children stop for those moments, though, don't they? That's one of the reasons why we are so lucky to work in a school. They can make a game out of anything and remind me of the importance of having fun.
As I was preparing for the Vision Night, Ashton Jennings wanted to help me because Audrey was. He made me this chart of "bad choices" I could hang up for the community member so they would know the rules. Here are a couple of samples of his work:
![]() |
| 1. No cigarettes 2. No Yelling 3. No Whispering |
![]() |
| 6. No Drinking Pop. Water Makes You Healthy |
How cute are those??
One classroom visit brought with it a great example of the innate joy students bring with them no matter what. In Mr. Prewitt's classroom, students were reviewing static and dynamic stretches then going to stations to practice exercises they had been learning. They were having a blast! It helps that Mr. Prewitt makes exercise fun, but I love how the kids not just comply with, but embrace what many of us find tedious or have to force ourselves to do.
For some reason Parker and Asher doing the air squats cracks me up every time--especially there at the end.
If some days you feel so overwhelmed and are counting down the days, please know it's normal. Try to find the joy and find reasons to smile and laugh. That's what I do! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment